Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Name that Room


I can't seem to settle on a name for this room. It is not the formal living room (formal? Us? Ha!) on the main floor, but the more casual room downstairs.

It will be used for entertaining friends, watching TV, and passing from the patio/pool area to the rest of the house. There will also be some exercise equipment in there. Whether we will use it as an exercise room remains to be seen.

The Rec Room? The Family Room? The Lounge? The Den? The TV Room? What would you call it?

EDIT: Tom has informed me that "the lounge" was an euphamism for the bathroom when he was growing up. So strike that one from the list of suggestions. :)

However, now I am inspired to fill the downstairs bathroom with tiki decor. It will really be "The Tiki Lounge"! Hardy har har!

2 comments:

  1. Rumpus room! I think that's perfect for a retro rec room, and can handle a tiki element if need be.

    My friends all had 'dens' when we were kids, but my family would have called this the family room (versus the living room).

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we call it the Rumpus Room, I'll *have* to put a framed print on the wall of the rumpus scene from "Where the Wild Things Are". :)

    Another friend suggested "Gathering Room".

    I'm thinking the right name will come to me as/after we move in.

    ReplyDelete